Pros and Cons of In-Person Skincare Treatments vs At-Home Treatments
Let’s start off by noting that you can’t expect to just do in-person skincare treatments and expect results. Self-care rituals at home are a must to gain the type of results you are looking for.
A Hybrid of Treatments
As many of you know, I highly recommend a hybrid of both at-home and in-person treatments. What you do every single day gives you 80% more effectiveness than just doing a once-a-month treatment.
Having said that, the 80% effectiveness only happens when you use the correct products for your skin. This is why skin coaching is so very necessary to get quick, effective results. Don’t waste your precious time and money on things that don’t work for you! 😉
Cons of In-Person Skincare Treatments
Here are some reasons an in-person treatment may not work for you:
- You may live too far away.
- You might have time limitations.
- May be on a limited budget.
Pros of In-Person Skincare Treatment
- You have an expert skin therapist seeing your skin close up. They are able to touch and feel your skin for the best treatment.
- There may be something you aren’t seeing that your skin therapist will notice: like maybe an area of skin cancer.
- A skin therapist will have the most advanced professional tools and devices at their disposal and a wealth of knowledge to assist you.
- A skincare therapist will be able to treat you while you completely relax.
At-Home Treatment Options
If you are interested in doing at-home skincare treatments, the ones that I recommend keep within the guidelines of my corneotherapeutic approach to skin care. Many devices out there are just toys and are a waste of money and time. There are only two devices that I feel give you great results similar to what you would get at a spa.
The Orion LED and the MiTAMA Renew Plus are able to give you fabulous results. Having these devices at home make it easier for you to use them more often than you would be able to with professional treatments.
The Orion LED can be used as often as every day. The Orion uses light therapy to stimulate the energy in the cell. It decreases inflammation, penetrates products, stimulates collagen and elastin production resulting in decreased fine lines and wrinkles, increased circulation and the infrared decreases pain. The Orion works well for healthy aging, healing acne, and reducing hyperpigmentation.
My absolute personal favorite device that can be used at home is the MiTAMA Renew Plus. This is the ultimate in at-home treatments. The MiTAMA can be safely used every three days and works well for all skin conditions. There are some contraindications like pregnancy, having a pacemaker, epilepsy or other seizure disorders, active cancer, or Botox or fillers within 30 days.
No other device gives you the results like the MiTAMA in just 20 minutes. The MiTAMA detoxifies, decreases inflammation, increases lymphatic drainage, increases product penetration, increases cellular energy, increases collagen and elastin production, decreases pigment, lifts, tones, reeducates muscles, decreases fine lines and wrinkles, and increases hydration.
Other At-Home Skincare Options
- The AnteAGE Regenzyme is perfect to use 1-2 times a week to slough away dead skin cells with a nonacid blend of botanicals. The Regenzyme leaves the skin polished and hydrated.
- I love the Roccoco Sulfur Mask! It purifies, smooths, and refines the skin because it is also an enzyme mask. This mask digests just the dead skin cells leaving the live cells alone. It is anti-inflammatory, reduces congestion and is calming. Skin is softer and pores are cleaned and refined.
The Bel Mondo Moisture Renewal Sheet Mask is my personal favorite to be used with the MiTAMA or on its own. This mask was created for oncology patients but can be used by anyone. I love it for all my clients whether they have acne, rosacea, dry /dehydrated and compromised skin, or those wanting to work on healthy aging. Because of its bio-cellulose fabric, it sits on the skin like a second skin and works well to penetrate products giving you the most healthy, hydrated skin.
- Bel Mondo Décolleté Sheet Mask. It works amazingly well to hydrate, decrease pigmentation, and works on fine lines and wrinkles on the décolleté.
If you would like help getting the skin of your dreams, I can am here for you! Whether you want to do at-home treatments or have in-person treatments just fill out my online application on my website. Can’t make it for in-person skincare treatments? No problem! I love that I have the ability to actually coach you virtually on how to care for your skin.
I can’t wait to meet you and help you regain your confidence with healthy beautiful skin!